Are you thinking of buying a home in Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty or surrounding areas in the near future? Do you have questions about how to begin?
We offer a complimentary home buyer consultation to people thinking of buying a home to give them an overview of the home being process. It gives them an opportunity to ask questions and get familiar with the whole process.
Whether you are a first time home buyer or a current homeowner looking for another home, we know you have questions. This is as one on one session and lasts about 1 hour. There is no obligation to you and it is absolutely free.
Below is an outline of what we will cover. But, if you would like to discuss a topic not listed, just let us know. We will provide all of the information you need.
"Home Buyer" Consultation
2. Buyers Goals ~ When, Where, How big, How much. Is now the right time for you to buy a home and what you need to do to position yourself for buying.
3. Working with a Real Estate Professional ~ We will explain how a real estate agent can assist you and how the industry works!
4. Working with a Financing Professional ~ We will explain what to look for and what to avoid to get you started toward choosing a mortgage professional.
5. The Home Buying Process - Time-line
6. Financing a Home - On request we will schedule a mortgage consultant to explain the following:
~ Factors affecting your ability to get a loan
~ Pre-Qualification vs Pre-Approval
~ Documentation needed to apply
~ Your Credit Report and Score
~ Credit Report and Review
~ Improving your credit
~ Buyer action plan
~ Credit Dos and Don'ts
7. Searching for a home ~ We will discuss the best way to search for a home and the resources and tools you can use including:
~ Techniques for searching
~ "Wide to Narrow"
~ The "Drive by"
~ Viewing homes
8. Making an offer on your new home
~ What is the offer? And what do you need to make an offer?
~ Common questions and misconceptions
~ The contract
~ What is an "Escrow" deposit and how much is needed
9. Due Diligence and other contract contingencies
~ Home Inspections
~ Approximate Costs
10. The Closing ~ What is the closing? What to expect at the closing.
Call the Vermace Team today anytime at 319-339-7721 or email us at Vermace@Vermace Realty.com